Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Indian Food

I managed to stick to my menu and make Chicken Bombay tonight. It has a really mild, slightly sweet flavor and will be making it's way into my "to make again" file. I also made the spiced couscous, but it was still a little bland to me. I did not have currants, so I subbed in dried cranberries and apples. I also conjured up a potato side dish that I absolutely adore. I peeled and cubed 3 medium potatoes and tossed them in a skillet with some olive oil. I let them fry until they started getting brown and added some turmeric. I stirred that up then added some chicken broth and let it go until all the liquid was absorbed. Added about 2 - 3 teaspoons of garam masala and 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of curry powder. I continued adding a splash of chicken broth as it would cook down, then added a little chili powder and a pat of butter at the end. I served it with a dollop of sour cream (it was spicy!). The color was gorgeous!

Tomorrow I get to try my hand at making a ham. In my favor, it is precooked, but still, this is the first ham that isn't pre-sliced and in a plastic container that I have made!

I went to Wal-Mart today because I was going a bit stir-crazy from staying home all the time. I happened to catch an employee marking down bedside Touch Lamps to $4.50. They were originally $18. I picked one up because Michael and I had been discussing getting one for my side of the bed, as I had been waking him up when I was finished reading at night to turn off the light. *giggle*

Now I am off to organize my coupons in a binder. I am hoping this will keep me from forgetting half of them when I go shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment