Monday, March 9, 2009

Back In The Saddle

After a chaotic break from the blog, I am back at last. I've spent the past few weeks drowning in a sea of information in my search for all things frugal, ways to be more "green", and trying to learn how to follow a... **GASP**... budget. I have come across a ton of blogs that fit into at least one of these categories, which I will add to my blog list on the side.
I have also been trying to learn the art of couponing (is that a word?) and reminding myself to actually use the meals in the freezer that I prepared during my OAMC stint at the end of January.
In the midst of all of this, I am struggling to become more organized; both in the physical sense, and in my mind. I have a bad habit of starting 15,000 things at a time and seldom finishing any of them, and it frustrates the hell out of me. But hey, the first step is admitting that there is a problem, right?

Anyway, on the menu for this week is:

Monday: Cheese Tortellini and salad

Tuesday: Chicken Bombay, SpicedCouscous, and possibly some sort of bread

Wednesday: Ham, carrots, green beans, mashed potatoes, Grandma's Lemon Meringue Pie

Thursday: Navy Beans (made with leftover ham), cornbread

Friday: no cooking - my grandmother's birthday; I am making her a Hummingbird Cake

Saturday: Crockpot Chicken in Creamy Chive Sauce, rice, steamed broccoli

Sunday: burritos


I have to say I am really proud of myself for the steps toward frugality that I've been taking lately, however small they might be. My favorite jeans developed a hole in them, and instead of tossing them in the trash, I stitched up the hole and am wearing them for awhile longer. I don't really spend much on clothing anyway, but why buy more when I can make do with these? Once this pair gets beyond repair, I am thinking of using them for a few projects. I can use the seat/front area to make a bag to hang on the top bunk of Kobey's bed for him to put his books in. And there are tons of uses for the legs, so I am confident that the jeans will live on long after they can no longer be worn.

I have several projects planned for the upcoming weeks. I definitely need to clean out my closet, go through and declutter the kitchen, rearrange the pantry, and reorganize my scrapbooking supplies. So much to do! The biggest problem is finding a starting place. Ugh.

But anyway, I'll be trying to keep up my blog (again), and hopefully I will remember to take photos of all these recipes I am trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment