Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes


Several months ago, I saw Paula Deen make a Lime Blueberry Tiramisu on her show and decided that I MUST make one. As ladyfingers seem to be an endangered species in this part of the world, I ended up with a can of blueberry pie filling that I had no idea what to do with. Today, Paula gave me another chance to give in to my blueberry cravings...Blueberry Cream Cheese Tarts.



I did tweak the recipe just a bit, as I was out of 'Nilla Wafers and the amount of sugar she used seemed excessive. So here is the orginal recipe, and the recipe I used is as follows:

For the crust:
6 whole graham crackers
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon melted butter

For the filling:
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs

Topping:
1 (21-ounce) can blueberry filling

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of a muffin pan. Lightly spray liners with a nonstick cooking spray. (they tend to stick to the paper sometimes) Crush the graham crackers in a food processor or zip-top bag, then add sugar and melted butter; mix well. Put approximately 1 tablespoon of crust mixture in each muffin cup, press down firmly. Bake for 5 - 8 minutes.



Meanwhile,beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar, lemon juice and vanilla, beating well. Switch to low speed and add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.



Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow tarts to cool completely, then top with blueberry pie filling.



ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! I've always wanted to make mini-cheesecakes but I'm chicken. lol

    ReplyDelete