Monday, January 12, 2009

A Slow Weekend

I slacked on my cooking a little this weekend. The plan was to have steak and twice-baked potatoes for supper Saturday, but a late lunch had us all feeling less than hungry. I had mixed up some marinade for my steaks earlier Saturday, so they got to spend the night soaking it up. Sunday afternoon I cooked them on the stove (I had planned on grilling outside, but the weather was icky) and they were REALLY good!
I got this marinade recipe from Allrecipes.com, and I will definitely be using it again!

Marinade for Steak I
(I used this amount for 3 smallish round steaks)
1/4c + 2 tsp vegetable oil
2 T + 1 1/4 tsp soy sauce
1 T and 1 3/4 t red wine vinegar
1 T + 1/2 t fresh lemon juice
2 3/4 t Worcestershire sauce
1 t freshly ground black pepper
1 3/4 t Dijon mustard
1/3 onion, sliced (I left this out)
5/8 clove garlic, minced (I used 2 t)

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well, and use to marinate your favorite meat. (I put mine in a zip-top storage bag with the meat and let it marinate for about 20 hours-- it did not overpower the meat at all)

I would even be tempted to alter this a bit and make a steak sauce out of it. It is THAT good!

No comments:

Post a Comment